Ananda: Caribbean bliss yoga retreat
february 5-12, 2022 - st. thomas, u.s. virgin islands
This luxury destination yoga retreat combines all of the exciting experiences that come along with traveling to a GORGEOUS tropical location with yoga, scrumptious meals and LOTS OF FUN with new, like-minded friends!
Give yourself a mid-winter respite from the stresses of every day life and spend a blissful week basking in the warm sunshine and bathing in the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean. Indulge in delicious food, explore the natural wonders of the U.S. Virgin Islands, immerse yourself in your yoga practice and drift off to sleep while listening to the sounds of crashing waves. All of this and more is yours for the taking, during our Caribbean Bliss Yoga Retreat!
A beautiful private villa on the East side of the exclusive Peterborg Peninsula, the North shore of the island of St. Thomas, will be our home base for this Caribbean adventure!
Peterborg Peninsula provides peace and seclusion, while still being in close proximity to Charlotte Amalie, Red Hook and other locations on the island.
Turquoise Cove is a waterfront luxury villa built right on the cliffs, overlooking the sea! This lushly landscaped property is protected by a gated entry, providing privacy and security for our guests, and has access to the pristine waters below via a private staircase. On the other side of the peninsula, just a few minutes' drive away, is world-renowned Magen's Bay!
This 7-day, 6-night Retreat will provide the perfect blend of scheduled group activities, free time for rest and relaxation and choices of activities to customize your retreat experience!
On Saturday, February 5, yogis will be picked up at the airport by our private car service and whisked off to our villa, where tasty welcome cocktails and snacks await! After enjoying a catered dinner, we'll all get a good night's sleep!
The days that follow will include twice daily yoga classes and lots of island adventures as a group:
- kayak through the lagoon to the undeveloped island of Cas Cay, which is home to lots of exotic wildlife! We'll take a guided hike to explore the volcanic cliffs, natural whirlpool and geological blowhole, walk along the rubble beaches and snorkel in the mangrove nursery!
- spend a day on our privately chartered boat, exploring some of the best snorkel spots and natural features surrounding St. Thomas and neighboring island, St. John!
- Snorkeling at Maho Bay and Trunk Bay - the best places for viewing sea turtles!
- venture down to the beach at Magen's Bay for a special beach yoga class!
- enjoy dinner while on a sunset cruise in the harbor of Charlotte Amalie!
- explore the island on a guided Jeep tour, including visits to beaches only accessible by off-road vehicles!
- board a ferry to St. John to enjoy waterfront dining at Great Cruz Bay and a special nighttime kayaking adventure in clear-bottomed, illuminated kayaks!
- spend a day on Water Island, where you can explore the island via golf cart or just relax on Honeymoon Beach!
- plenty of time relaxing in our private pool, right beside the sea!
Guests also will be able to choose from additional tours (extra charges apply) to customize their retreat experience:
- Rock-climbing adventure
- Sailing lessons or Hobie Cat rides
- SCUBA diving
- SNUBA tours
- Underwater scooter tours
- Chartered fishing boat trips
- SUP, kayak rentals
All of our yogis add any of these activities, or others, to create a customized, action-packed week or you can opt for a more relaxing time, resting and soaking in the peace and quiet by the pool - it's up to you! If there's something you would like to do, but you don't see it on the list, just let us know and we'll take care of setting it up for you!
*Please note: we have created our itinerary after careful consideration of current COVID-related restrictions and availability of vendors, tour guides, etc. We have contacted all of our providers and confirmed their operations, so we have every reason to believe that all of our scheduled activities and events will go forward as planned. However, our itinerary is subject to change, depending on COVID-related restrictions and circumstances - rest assured that, no matter what, we'll make any changes that are necessary to keep you safe and ensure that you have a GREAT time on your retreat!
WHY ST. THOMAS?
We've carefully selected St. Thomas as our next retreat destination, for a number of reasons:
- It's an absolutely gorgeous tropical paradise!
- U.S. Virgin Islands constitute a territory of the United States, which makes travel to St. Thomas significantly easier than travel to international destinations!
- No passport is required to visit St. Thomas or St. John.
- International travel restrictions do not apply - this means that no COVID testing is required for re-entry to the mainland. A negative COVID test is required before traveling to the island.*
- Direct flights are available to St. Thomas from Philadelphia, Newark and many other major airports at very reasonable prices (no puddle jumper flights or long shuttle/ferry rides to get to your destination).
- No need to exchange currency - St. Thomas utilizes the U.S. dollar.
- Easy communication with locals, as English is the primary spoken language on St. Thomas.
* travel requirements may change before February 2022. We will update this page as changes occur!
Our villa provides everything you need for an amazing vacation and serves as a peaceful island paradise for our week together!
Yogis will enjoy the private pool and jetted hot tub, along with the spacious patios, lush landscaping and breathtaking, panoramic views of Hans Lollick directly in front of the villa and down-island views of the Tobagos, Jost van Dyke and Tortola.
The villa is fully air-conditioned and Wi-Fi service is available throughout, as well as a Sonos sound system for relaxing to island music! There is plenty of comfortable seating inside and out - including several private verandas.
There is plenty of deck space for yoga classes overlooking the sea and the villa is only 5 minutes away from Magen's Bay beach!
The villa has 5 bedrooms, all of which are available on a first-come, first-served basis:
This bedroom is SOLD!
This bedroom is on the upper level of the villa and includes a Queen-sized bed, cable TV and private veranda! This bedroom shares a bathroom with Bedroom #3.
Single Occupancy: $4,499
Double Occupancy: $2,999 per person
This bedroom is SOLD!
This bedroom is SOLD!
This bedroom is SOLD!
- 6 nights/7 days lodging in our oceanfront, luxury villa
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure, between the villa and Cyril E. King airport
- Transportation via chartered van service to/from all scheduled group activities
- Additional rides in our chartered van and/or rented Jeep to/from optional activities added to your itinerary, when available
- All meals (with the exception of 3 lunches, so you can experience local restaurants of your choice!)
- 12-13 yoga classes (variety of styles)
- Full day Eco-Tour of Cas Cay (lagoon kayaking, hiking to volcanic cliffs, natural whirlpool, geologic blowhole, walk along the beach and snorkeling in the mangroves)
- Full day guided Jeep tour of St. Thomas, including visits to beaches only accessible by off-road vehicles
- Full day trip to Water Island (including Honeymoon Beach)
- Full day chartered boat trip to some of the best spots in and around St. Thomas and St. John
- Beach visits/snorkeling at Maho Bay and Trunk Bay, St. John
- Sunset catamaran cruise for dinner in Charlotte Amalie harbor
- Ferry trip to St. John for dinner at Great Cruz Bay
- Nighttime kayaking (in clear-bottomed, illuminated kayaks!) on St. John
- Beach chairs
- Beach towels
- All bedding, towels, paper products, basic soaps/detergents, in-room hair dryers and use of laundry facilities.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED:
- Flight to Cyril E. King airport
- Pre-trip COVID testing
- 3 lunches
- Extra fees for renting lounge chairs, umbrellas, etc. during several of our day trips, should you wish
- Any additional activities you wish to add to your itinerary
- Gratuities for tour guides and drivers
- Charges for any unplanned taxis, etc. that you wish to hire
- Clothing and personal toiletries
- Alcoholic beverages
Due to concerns related to COVID, we are offering a generous refund policy for this trip!
If the resort is forced to close down or the entire trip is cancelled for any reason at any time, including COVID, full refunds of all amounts paid will be given.
Cancellations >60 days prior to trip: full refund, less $500.
Cancellations 30-59 days prior to trip: 50% refund (unless we're able to fill your spot, then you would receive 100% refund!)
Cancellations less than 30 days prior to trip: no refund (unless we're able to fill your spot, then you would receive 100% refund!)