A quaint country nestled in between Mexico and Guatemala, this tropical paradise is the only English-speaking Central American country. It vibes a perfect blend of ancient Mayan culture with that of the more modern Rastafarian.
The people are kind, gentle and loving. The food is succulent and flavorful. The turquoise waters allow you to float in pure healing bliss and yoga and meditation practices are enriched by the sounds of the ocean, the warmth of the sun, the sensation of the salty air and the crystal-clear reflections of the Caribbean Sea!
On this incredible trip, you will find the perfect combination of activities to relax, reset and reconnect, along with a healthy dose of eco-tourism to heighten the inspiration!
Make yourself at home in our luxury, waterfront accommodations at Villa Varano in Hopkins Beach, which has been voted the “friendliest village in Belize!”
Begin and end each day with beachfront yoga and meditation, including energizing Vinyasa Flow classes, deep Yin practices, Gentle stretches and tranquil Restorative yoga.
Soak up the sun on private boats reserved just for our group and stroll along the white sand beaches of a secluded island cay. Snorkel in the pristine, turquoise waters that surround Belize’s unspoiled Barrier Reef, which is the second-largest coral reef system in the entire world, second only to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia! This area boasts so many important natural habitats and such extensive biodiversity that it has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and, as such, is the subject of significant conservation efforts to preserve its natural treasures.
Travel to the town of Placencia, an old fishing village in the Stann Creek region of southern Belize, by private boat for a day of exploring authentic Belizean culture. Savor the flavors of traditional Belizean cuisine and check out beautiful handmade crafts as you browse the boutique shops on Main Street in this community, which is noted in the Guinness Book of World Records as the smallest Main Street in the world for comprising only a 4’ wide sidewalk!
Spend an evening under the stars on a private, nighttime boat ride through the mangroves to one of the world’s few bioluminescent bays, Anderson Lagoon. March is the best time of the year to take in marvelous views of the water’s phosphorescent glow, as it surrounds fish and other wildlife AND our own bodies as we go for a swim in this spectacular place!
Hike through the protected rainforest/jungle environment of Mayflower Bocawina National Park to observe the diverse local flora and fauna (maybe catching a glimpse of Belize’s national bird, the Keel-Billed Toucan!), then cool off in the refreshing, emerald pools beside the awe-inspiring Bocawina Waterfalls.
Lose yourself to the beat of the drums as we are treated to a private performance by the local Garifuna tribe in Hopkins Beach, to truly get a taste of Belizean history. The Garifuna tribe came to be in a unique way and beautifully blends the authentic music, food, dance, language and art of African slaves that came to the area in 1802 with the rich heritage of indigenous people already present in the region at that time. The result is a population steeped in powerful traditions.
It features 10 spacious guest rooms full of top quality bedding, linens and robes and beautiful mahogany furniture, each with its own private, en suite bathroom AND terrace access! Every guest room provides a flat-screen television, Wi-Fi internet access, a safe for personal belongings, a mini-fridge, purified water and a coffee-maker.
Guests also have access to amazing amenities! These include a stunning beachfront pool; private yoga studio with ocean views; rooftop sitting area (complete with hot tub!) for star-gazing and nighttime relaxation and meditations; a fully equipped air-conditioned gym; outdoor showers; rooftop game room; beach cruiser bikes; snorkel gear; fishing rods; kayaks; paddle boards; a catamaran; and full concierge services to make arrangements for spa treatments (imagine – a massage or facial right in your own room!) and any other needs you may have.
Accommodations & Pricing Options
Book NOW and receive an Early Bird Discount of $150!
A 20% payment is required at the time of booking to hold your reservation. Payment plans are available and will be arranged on a monthly auto-pay basis. If you require a different payment arrangement, reach out to us and we will try to make arrangements that meet your needs!
You are welcome to utilize your credit card to book your retreat; however, in light of the fees charged by our credit card processors, a 2.5% fee will apply to all credit card payments.
What is included in your retreat?
Your retreat payment (as listed above) includes almost all of your expenses related to this retreat!
- Luxury accommodations for 7 days/6 nights at our oceanfront resort: Villa Varano;
- Transfer both ways between Belize City airport & resort (a short hopper flight and shuttle from Belize City to the resort!);
- Fresh, delicious, healthy meals prepared by a private chef right at our villa (except for 1 lunch & 1 dinner, so we can experience some of the delicious local restaurants in town!);
- Unlimited, exclusive use of all resort amenities (including our private beach, oceanfront pool, yoga studio and gym, hot tub, cruiser bikes, kayaks, catamaran, snorkel equipment, fishing rods, game room and more!);
- A private boat & snorkel adventure to a private Island Cay complete with a beach BBQ meal;
- A private boat ride under the stars and a captivating night snorkel to witness the nighttime magic under the sea in one of the world’s very few bio-luminescent bays;
- A day trip (including private boat ride!) to the quaint village of Placencia for shopping and lunch;
- A hike through the jungle of Mayflower Bocawina National Park to experience the pristine pools of the Bocawina Waterfalls in the rainforest;
- 2 blissful beachfront yoga classes each day including Vinyasa, Yin, Gentle and Restorative;
- Use of resort's yoga mats and props;
- Relaxing guided meditations;
- Creative Mala-making for morning meditation walks on the beach;
- Inspiring live drumming performance by the local Garifuna Indigenous Tribe; and
- Most importantly, as much sunshine, fresh air and salt water as you can take in and new friends and memories to last a lifetime!
What is NOT included in your retreat?
You will need to bring and/or pay for the following items:
- Your international flight from the USA to Belize City (but we are happy to help coordinate flights and recommend airlines, days/times to travel, etc.);
- Your travel insurance (we recommend both trip cancellation and medical insurance coverage);
- 1 lunch and 1 dinner while on retreat;
- Clothing, medications, personal items, etc.; and
- Gratuities for our tour guides and spending money for souvenirs.
Dana B. of Yoga Mandala (Tabernacle, NJ) and Katie R. of Yoga Bohemia (Beach Haven, LBI, NJ) are teaming up to offer you this amazing adventure!
After spending over 12 years practicing law, Dana shifted gears and began to pursue a life more aligned with her values. She completed Yoga Bohemia’s Radiant Heart Yoga School 200-hour yoga teacher training program under the tutelage of Katie Ribsam and Crystal Froberg. She is currently earning her Advanced 300-hour teacher training certification! Dana loves to learn and has participated in numerous additional training programs, enabling her to teach not only Vinyasa-based flow classes, but also Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Trauma-Informed programs and Yoga Nidra. Dana owns Yoga Mandala, where she and her teachers offer a wide variety of yoga classes and other yoga-based programming, including book clubs, workshops and outdoor eco-yoga adventures! When she’s not on her mat, you can find Dana volunteering with her county’s 4-H youth development program, on the farm with her horses or out in the Pine Barrens, soaking in all of mama nature’s goodness! The journey of yoga has been more fulfilling than Dana could have ever imagined! From increasing her self-awareness and making more purposeful choices in her every day life to traveling around the world with new friends to experience new cultures, yoga has been life-changing! Yoga truly has been a gift of life for Dana and she is excited to be able to share this gift with others in Belize!
As a practicing yogi of 27 years and founder of Yoga Bohemia and Bohemia Retreats, Katie has spent her life honing her craft as both a student and teacher of yoga. Off the mat, Katie is a rock climbing, snowboarding, puppy dog snuggling, ocean loving junkie who loves spending as much time outdoors as humanly possible! Through yoga, Katie has not only been able to deepen her own sense of self-awareness and spiritual connection but has also been able to maintain the focus, discipline, flexibility and agility necessary to enjoy the outdoors through the activities she loves. As a yoga instructor, Katie is quite diverse specializing in everything from advanced Vinyasa Flow to the softer sides of yoga with Yin and Restorative technique. But don’t be fooled. The physical practice is just the tip of the iceberg and what lies beneath is the spiritual and emotional depth that sets this practice apart. With her main love being mama earth and with over a decade of environmental education experience under her belt, Katie has developed an expertise in the up-and-coming Eco-Yoga field. Beach Yoga, SUP Yoga, Yoga Hikes, Yoga Retreats- you name it- connecting students to the environment through yoga is Katie’s specialty. Over many years, Katie has led over 2 Dozen Transformational Yoga Retreats for hundreds of Yogis throughout the world and looks forward to meeting you in Belize!
Yoga Mandala strongly recommends purchasing travel insurance for your trip that covers both medical emergencies and trip cancellation. Purchasing insurance protects you from losing money in a variety of circumstances!
If you must cancel your retreat, Yoga Mandala provides for the following:
- Your payments may be fully transferable to another retreat attendee, but advance permission from Yoga Mandala must be obtained before transfers can be made.
- If you cancel 120 days before your trip, 100% of your payment will be reimbursed minus a 10% processing fee.
- If you cancel 90-119 days before your trip, 50% of your payment may be applied to a future Yoga Mandala retreat, the other 50% will be forfeited.
- If you cancel 60-89 days before your trip, 25% of your payment may be applied to a future Yoga Mandala Retreat, the other 75% will be forfeited.
- If you cancel 59 days of less before your trip, you will forfeit your entire payment.